A GIANT plasma TV, iPad, iPod shuffles and stylish Gucci sunglasses are all up for grabs when you shop local this Christmas.
The Range News and Maleny Commerce have joined forces to sponsor the four-week Santa Promotion.
With Christmas just around the corner, Maleny Commerce president Nathan Arrowsmith said it was important to keep holiday spending local.
"Anything that helps our local businesses at the moment is very welcome," Mr Arrowsmith said.
"A strong local economy benefits everyone in the region."
Maleny Bi-Rite Electrical owner Pat Kuijpers has generously donated a 50-inch plasma HD smart TV to the promotion and said without the support of the residents, local businesses would die.
"People need to support their town or it will be full of empty shops," Mr Kuijpers said.
"People can save time, save petrol, save money, shop local."
Mr Kuijpers said big players could often dictate the market making it extremely hard for small businesses to compete.
In the November 29 issue of The Range News all the participating Maleny businesses will be listed.
To win, all you have to do is shop at participating stores between Thursday, November 29, and Thursday, December 20, and fill out an entry form.
The Range News media manager Jamie Courtney said the town's future depended on the continued support of local businesses.
"We have an incredible group of generous businesses here in this town and they truly understand the Christmas spirit of giving and sharing," Mr Courtney said.
"People have more choice nowadays but it's important to consider the vitality of doing most of their Christmas shopping locally.
"We are delighted to be heavily involved in this promotion and it's a privilege to give something back to our readers who are shoppers and give them a chance to shout about this Christmas."
Maleny Bi-Rite Electrical, Concept IT, Maleny Optical, Maleny Supa IGA and Maleny Hotel have all donated prizes.
The chamber helped produce posters and entry forms and Maleny Newsagency is set to provide the town banner to give the promotion additional exposure.
The main draw is at Maleny Bi-Rite Electrical on Thursday, December 20.
- 1 bedroom penthouse - Luxury bathroom - Balcony with magnificent views, overlooking the Pumicestone Passage towards Golden Beach and the Glasshouse Mountains ...
- Serious sellers are moving on, secure a piece of Sunshine Coast paradise - Presents as new, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms & generous home office - Extensive array of...
- 2 spacious bedrooms - Luxury ensuite plus main bathroom with spa bath - Refurbished with elegance - Spacious living area adjoins a large balcony with sensational...
- Solidly constructed 2 bedroom home - Positioned on a 627m2 block at the end of a cul de sac - You may wish to renovate or rebuild in this prime position - Newly...
- Designed with thought and quality - Comprising of 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - Centrally located kitchen with granite bench tops - Open plan with three separate...
- Positioned on an elevated battle axe block of 1013 sqm - Comprising of 5 good size bedrooms 2 of which have ensuites - Ocean views can be enjoyed whilst relaxing...
Situated just an easy stroll to choice of two beaches and Caloundra CBD is this top floor furnished apartment with investment and lifestyle options galore. With...
- 1 spacious bedroom - Luxurious bathroom plus spa bath - Magnificent views of Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island, Caloundra City & the ocean from a spacious...
- Wonderful for any investment portfolio or entry level buying - Stylish modern home featuring 4 large bedrooms & 2 bathrooms - Modern Kitchen, lots of storage &...
You won't get a better opportunity to enter the market. This is entry level living in a convenient location. Immaculately presented with nothing to do but move in.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.