ABOUT 80,000 single parents mistakenly told to cut up their pension cards will get an apology - and a new card - from Centrelink.
The administrative blunder, where some 84,000 people were sent letters advising them to destroy the card, was revealed on ABC Radio on Monday morning.
Human Services Minister Kim Carr told AM the government had already ordered Centrelink to contact all those affected.
Senator Carr said any people affected by the letter needed to talk to Centrelink to get a replacement.
"There are occasions when things go wrong. This is one of those occasions," he told AM.
"I'm disappointed that it's occurred, particularly given the fact that we've made such effort to treat people properly and to explain their rights and their entitlements under the new arrangements."
Only 200m level stroll from the beautiful Noosa River, this character filled residence is one of eight stand alone townhouses and offers peace and privacy. ...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.